Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Tzeentch Day!!



I couldn't let today pass without posting something.

So in honor of 9-9-9 day and my favorite god of chaos, I offer these Tzeentch flamers. They're not quite done. I still have to touch up some of the sloppy areas especially around the mouths.

I started these along time ago during a time when I was trying to prime with gesso. I'm not really happy with the texture or finish. I think the gesso made the final coats a lot grainier than I wanted. I know there are a lot of people who swear by it, but I think it's kinda crappy. Particularly with metal models, the gesso doesn't adhere as well as spray paint.

Anyway, I don't think I'll every be happy with these, I just hope that the next set will be better with a smoother finish.





The change of Tzeentch be with you all on this special day!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice! They are Guy Aitchison horrors for sure.

Scott said...

Ha! Yeah, I can see the Guy Aitchison influence. Not a bad thing at all.