Monday, April 19, 2010

More Crimson Fists...

Hey all. Its been a quite time on the blog since adepticon... haven't even gotten in a game yet (but hope to remedy that asap!) I've mainly been working on my new Mechanicus army and haven't really gotten anything photo ready, but i've just about finished my first squad, so soon. In the meantime though... the following pictures are from a couple of 95% complete projects that have also been on my plate for a while now. First up, six veteran marines... most likely will be played as Pedro's honor guard. Highlighting is a bit rough still and just primed the back packs this weekend, so still some work to go, but overall im pretty happy with em. I think they'll do very nicely inside a landraider with Pedro. actually will probably try and do up 4 more, just to make it a nice point sink...



Next up... a red scorpion forgeworld dread that i got last year at adepticon and (sadly) defiled it to make a Crimson Fists venerable dread. This one i'd say is about 99% done. Just need to touch up a couple highlights and i'll be pretty stoked on it. The one thing Im not really that excited about was, my attempt at a modified chainfist... i thought that it would look so cool to convert 4 chainswords (as claws) into a chainfist and perhaps with some better sculpting, it would look awesome.. but mine... eh mediocre at best.



Anyhow.. i've got grandiose plans for my up and coming mechanicus project... (ebay bids left and right) so stay tuned!
-Brose

2 comments:

Pedro Kantor said...

upon recounting my veterans.. it seems i have 7 painted... yes im tired and yes there are 7 in the photo...although you can't really see the back 3

Scott said...

I was going to tell you that I liked the dread with the white front better, but now I don;t know.

I'm starting to really like the red.