Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crimson Fists Mechanicus Sternguard...

Hey all, well my work recently bought me a new Nokia N8 phone with a 12 Megapixal camera (with macro!!!!) So will finally be able to post decent pictures again... Starting with this blog. I recently posted a 2000pt list for an upcoming tournament where i will be using a Master of the Forge and a Thunderfire Cannon in my Crimson Fists army... I have tons of Bionic bits left over from (MaxMini) from my Guard Mechanicus Army, so I was like, I think it would be cool to try and add a bit more AdMech bits to my fists army. I mean after the all the destruction on Rynn's World, the fists numbers have been reduced... so my thoughts with are this.. Most (if not all?) Chapters send Marines to Mars to be trained as tech priest.. so Pedro sent out a call for all these guys to come back home asap. Agree???
Anyways, I have to say, my only minor complaint with the MaxMini Boinic Bits are there are only 1 set of legs and 1 set of arms and while they are completely awesome, i decided it would make it kinda tough to make a whole 10 man tactical squad look slightly dynamic without tons of cutting em up and pinning/green stuffing them back together.. looking at my list, i have a 6 man Sternguard squad, so decided to just try a go at them first. So without further ado, here is are my conversions...
First up, a group shot of the six

now just close up's of the six...




(this ones a bit blurry but eh...)



and on that note.. that is my last project of 2010... looking forward to finishing up my AdMech Guard Army next year for sure!!!
Happy New Year All!!!!
-Brose

4 comments:

Scott said...

Very cool stuff, Eric. I like that they're red, too. Nice touch.

Also, can you send me you recipe for your death guard. That sick green color?

sonsoftaurus said...

Good stuff. Half marine, half gun servitor.

Pedro Kantor said...

Hey Guys, Thanks!!!
Scott, here is the post that shows step by step how to paint
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3221179
scroll down a little bit

Mr.Esty said...

That's solid background fluff. I love the look of these guys too; well done sir! That's cool as hell.