Monday, December 20, 2010

The Horrors... The Horrors...



I finished this unit of pink/ blue horrors.

I have to say, these new plastic horrors are a joy to paint. I wasn't crazy about them when they were first released, but painting them has won me over. I mean, look at this face:



Anyway, I like them more now that I've painted them. They're certainly not perfect and there are things I like about the last edition ones better (I'll cover more on this in a future post).

This unit is actually a mix of old and new horrors.

First here are more pictures of the new plastic horrors.


I really like painting jewels.

Icon bearer.

"Champion"


While I do like these new models, I own quite a few of the old metal ones. I really didn't want let them go to waste. Since they're so much smaller, I decided to paint them as blue horrors.

With each of these blue horrors, I painted one set of arms and half the their bodies pink. I wanted to show that each of these blue horrors used to be half a pink horror. So two of the horrors are pink on their right and two are pink on their left.

Besides the size, one of the differences with the new horrors is that they have a lot of "bling". I sculpted a little be of jewelery on to two of them.



Here is one more group shot.


This is a pretty important milestone. I now have painted as many miniatures as I did last year: 32 (Though I have 37 points in the painting race due to the way it's scored). I was really hoping to beat my total from last year, but that's looking less and less likely.

6 comments:

xNickBaranx said...

These are stunning. It's the little details like how you incorporated the old models and the half pink/blue that really push these over the edge. Great work Scott!

GDMNW said...

Meh, Nick already said what I was going to say.

The bases really help too!

Anonymous said...

The color-blending on these models is simply tremendous. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys in the flesh, so to speak.

jabberjabber said...

Awesome painting job there mate! Congrats!

Dasanton said...

I really like the blending... and the jewelry.

37 models in a year when you had a newborn is nothing to sneeze at.

Now... what's Nick's excuse?

;)

Unless perhaps he's planning on dropping some models last minute, which is a distinct possibility.

xNickBaranx said...

I wish I was. I'm sitting here working on my Ork Trukk and I have one completed Angel sitting here. I've failed. haha.

NEXT YEAR!