Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My name is Daemon: for we are many.

I had a classic hobby freak-out the other week. I took stock of the myriad of projects I have laying about the basement and was overcome with a sense of buried dread. Something...anything...must get completed soon or nothing ever will. After years of collecting shiny objects I find myself neck deep in 7-8 major projects, having only made any considerable headway on my Epic Blood Angels (a strong 10,000 points that have no opponents!). With a renewed sense of urgency, I dedicated myself to a few hours of painting each and every day this week. These are the results so far:

Flamers of Tzeentch - Epic: Black Legion

The Black Legion will someday be the complementary army to my Blood Angels and hopefully allow me to run a massive story-driven campaign utilizing a majority of the my Epic models and terrain. The Flamers of Tzeentch join my Bloodletters and Plaguebearers on their crusade to consume to the soul of Lemartes and his followers. Endless amounts of infantry and armor are slated to go under the brush in the months to come...and I desperately need Chaos War Engines and Titans! Get in touch if you have anything you are willing to part with.

Preacher - Legends of the Old West

Gunfighter - Legends of the Old West

I recently purchased a ton of Black Scorpion Tombstone miniatures for use in my Deadlands RPG as well as in Legends of the Old West. These miniatures are fantastic - hands down some of the best sculpts from this genre to date. The scale is really more like 30-32mm which makes them difficult to mix with other ranges like 500 Nations or the Foundry line, but the quality and breadth of the range stand on its own. Technically I completed these a few weeks ago...but I thought I'd post them here to remind me I still have about 35 more gunfighters primed and ready for paint...

Onward to Valhalla!

2 comments:

xNickBaranx said...

Nicely done sir!

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.