Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I need gaming partners!!!

So I had a practice game set up for today with one of my best friends. Now I understand things happen, but man do I have the worst luck trying to get in a game. The last 5 or 6 times I have scheduled a gaming day, it's been canceled by the other person. This time it was a surprise test for summer classes announced today for tomorrow. I've also experienced (from other people): back injury, school/paper, called in to work, dad says I need to help on the roof, and of course the AWESOME no call, no show!!! I live in Buffalo, and my closest gaming store is a 30-45 minute drive and they have open gaming on Mondays and Tuesdays, both of which don't work with my/my wife's(only one car) schedule. I have my own gaming board and most of my friends have schedules opposite of mine.

So the question is who lives around Buffalo,NY and wants to play? Anyone else have such problems? I think I need to do that thing in White Dwarf and try to get a local comic store selling GW.

I miss Adventures unleashed SOOOO much. Oh, the golden days. Maybe we need a craigslist for gaming partners.

5 comments:

Pedro Kantor said...

Bad news Nogle, I really like the idea of a craigs list gaming group section! When I first started playing I only knew 1 other person that played. when I first moved to chicago I didn't know anyone, but i would make the effort to go the 30 minutes to the closest hobby shop at least once a month, so i say post on craigs list, then go try and make it out to that store at least 1 time a month. Hopefully some people reading this blog will respond and give you a much needed closer gamer!

Will said...

I feel your pain. I eventually wound up forming a club with the two other local people. With a good bit of advertising we now have 10ish regular gamers and another 15 or so that show up occasionally. The only local store that sells GW product doesn't have a gaming space so that has been a big problem. We currently leech off of another gaming store that mostly does CCGs. They don't mind us taking up space for now.

Nogle said...

I go once a month for tourneys. it's just that I have no way out there on open gaming nights(no car). it's way out in the suburbs and no busses go out there. plus I have a table and I've only gotten one game with someone else on it since early February when I made it. I've scheduled at least 7 games and I am 1 for 7 on them happening.

xNickBaranx said...

Yo, Kolbe is in Buffalo right now. Do you still have his # at his folks? I don't know about 40K but you might be able to throw down some Blood Bowl with him.

Pedro Kantor said...

ps, while looking through the BoLS alliance blogs I actually found another guy who plays 40k, planning on meeting him soon for a game, so check there too.